1. Schools will STILL be evaluated based on state tests.
2. The state tests will STILL be administered every year in grades 3-8.
3. ESSA still REQUIRES every school to have 95% participation on the state tests.
4. Teachers will STILL be forced to teach to the test.
5. Data will STILL be collected.
6. Competency Based Education is STILL a far bigger threat that ESSA paves the path for.
7. Common Core will STILL preside in NYS, just under a potentially different name and with additional Federal statutes required under ESSA.
8. In 4 years, the NYS tests will AGAIN be linked to teacher evaluations.
9. Since the NYS tests will be given but NOT used for teacher evaluations during the next 4 years, an additional test will be administered to evaluate teachers resulting in even MORE testing for kids in some districts.
10. Receivership will STILL be based on the state tests.
11. NYS legislation does NOT change at all. Cuomo gets his way as The Education Transformation Act of 2015 remains unchanged.
12. Cuomo’s teacher evaluation plan does NOT change at all.
13. NYSUT will embrace this as a ‘win’ and try to realign with Cuomo.
14. The media celebrates this fake win.
15. The uneducated parent thinks things are better.
Does that list sound good for your kids?
Governor Cuomo just gave all of us the middle finger behind our backs, and he is sitting there laughing at us. His stomach hurts from laughing so hard, and he can barely catch his breath. This is a brilliant smoke screen on his part. He gets everything he wanted, our kids get nothing better at all, and people celebrate. Thankfully there are many people who see through this smokescreen. BUILD THE OPT-OUT MOVEMENT TODAY!!!!!!