During the board’s presentation, President Bob Dana said that they have been contacted by the NYS Education Department (NYSED) and have been told that if the board follows through with a boycott, NYSED will move to have each board member removed from their position.
We must protect our brave board members by OPTING-OUT. Let us do for them what they have done for us. Ken-Ton residents, please submit your OPT-OUT form now! If enough Ken-Ton parents opt-out, then our brave board members will not have to follow through with district boycott as parent opt-out will serve the same purpose without the risk.
You can download the Ken-Ton opt-out form below:
- Opting-out removes our children from being used as political pawns in an adult issue
- Opting-out stops Governor Cuomo’s agenda that is depriving our district of funding
- Opting-out will save our public schools from corporate takeover
- Opting-out does NOT cause the district to lose any funding
- Opting-out accomplishes the same as district test boycott without the risk of funding loss
- Opting-out supports a pending NYS Law that would require schools to notify every parent of their right to refuse NYS tests
- Opting-out teaches our children right from wrong